My Work Experience
I have been working at the National Center for Freight Infrastructure Research and Education (CFIRE)
- formerly Midwest Regional University Transportation Center (MRUTC) - since 2001.
Here are some of the highlights of what I've done:
- Utilized regression tree method to develop statistical models for estimating resource requirements of maintenance costs for winter storms, which helped DOTs manage their maintenance budgets and resource allocation on an impending storm.
- Implemented a plan to integrate computerized field and office tools for bridge inspections, involving selecting and testing tools that increased bridge inspection’s productivity to more than 100 bridges per year.
- Developed a Java-based program that calculated weighted average unit cost of bridge maintenance actions and converted bridge database from FoxBASE to Oracle-based for Pontis Bridge Management System.
- Defined, modified, and periodically implemented improvement on performance measures of transportation assets.
- Implemented stratified sampling method on highway features data collection, having the sampling procedure be based on the mileage of highways in each county, which improved the counties and regions representation in the sample data.
- Analyzed targets, trends, and variations of infrastructure performance measures at the regional and state level and developed periodical reports that provide a comprehensive overview of transportation infrastructure assets.
- Performed periodic quality assurance analyses to confirm measurement consistencies of infrastructure asset inspections.
- more content to be added